Martin Pirker wrote:

>Gianni Jacklone <gianni / one6ix.com> wrote:
>

>>Quick question about WEBrick: Is there a way to get at the raw post data
>>from a post request, much like the var $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA in php, and
>>request.getInputStream() from Java?
>>

>ruby-talk 94785
>
>helps?
>

>Martin

I'm having trouble interpretting it. At the top of the message it says
"Request body is not read from socket when servlets are started." Then
soon after it says "But HTTPServer is going to read the body before
sending response".

The example code shows a custom servlet using req.query["data"] where
"data" was the name of the file input type.

So I derive from AbstractServlet and use req.query["data"] to get at the
raw post data for a form element. Am I correct?

In my particular case however, I am after the entire body of the POST,
my WEBrick servlet receives a POST request of binary data from an
external agent, and I need to get the raw binary data and parse it futher..

 From my tests, where I derive a custom servlet and in do_Post I use
request.body, it seems to give me the raw POST data. Perhaps I am wrong
in this thinking however?

Thanks for helping me out, am I missing something?

Gianni