>From: "J. Radcliffe" <j.radcliffe / rcn.com>
>To: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
>Subject: [ruby-talk:10738] Re: algorithm module(s)
>Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 03:26:22 +0900
>
>On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Mike Wilson wrote:
>
> > Just an aside, I've talked to Jeffrey a bit over the last couple of days
>on
> > #ruby-lang.  Jeffrey seems to have quite a few algorithms to contribute
> > the ruby library, as you seem to do.  We had come up with the idea of
> > creating an algorithm package, to include b-trees, quicksort,
>bubblesort,
> > graphing algorithms, etc.  Maybe it would be best to create a topic on
>the
> > wiki where we could organize all of this, save a lot of duplication of
> > effort, decide exactly what people would want in an algorithm package,
>and
> > discuss the ultimate solutions.  Any objections?
>
>Sounds like a great idea to me.

okey dokey, it's there.  http://www.pragprog.com/ruby?RubyAlgorithmPackage

I didn't include any real content, I'd like to get it started by having
anyone with a decently valid representation of an algorithm in module format
to add what they have and how to contact them to the page (under heading "I
have a module for algorithm X that I'd like to contribute").  This way, we
can figure out what our baseline is and then argue the necessity of
algorithm X and how to package it all, etc.

Mike Wilson
Unix Administrator
http://ruby.weblogs.com