> I feel have a fairly good grasp on compiling and
> linking C++ console
> programs on my Windows 2000 machine.  Yeah right, I
> can even get this simple
> code to work.  I am working on getting up to speed
> in wxWidgets for C++.

I don't doubt that you couldn't do it. The rest of the
people in the Ruby community *shrug* at the thought of
a pointer. I don't. Have you tried FOX yet? Its a
really good GUI Toolkit.

> > Too bad we don't have a
> > Rubycc compiler yet. --David Ross
> >
> It seems that the main reason to use C++ is not just
> that C++ compiles, its
> that there is so much C++ legacy code out there.

I am aware of how portable C++ is, I program in C and
C++. I was trying to make some fun. Plus, I was being
serious. I wish Ruby could compile. (and I don't mean
byte compile) --David Ross