Hi,

Thanks for that answer (this goes to Assaph too, of course).

Robert Klemme wrote:

> If there are no special requirements for your object ids I suggest to use
> Object#id and ObjectSpace#_id2ref:

I'll add that to my notes and think about it.

> You could better use a Set here.  That saves you the inefficient check
> (with an Array this is O(n) where n is the number of oids stored so far;
> with a Set (hash internally) it's ~ O(1)).

Thanks for the tip - I'm currently still in the second of the three
phases (Make it run, make it right, make it fast)... :-)

> I'd go for add_ref1 - although you should uncover a bit more of the
> problem you are solving.

Yes, in the meantime I've come to that conclusion, too.
Having worked for an object-oriented database vendor some time ago,
things like traversing object networks, persistence and similar themes
come to my mind now and then...

Happy rubying

Stephan