On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Hal E. Fulton wrote:

> In terms of modeling the universe, this might be a very
> interesting, useful approach. After all, every object in
> the real world has its own "world line" and there is no
> inherent "sequence" in accessing them.

I also think itsan interesting idea and some researchers have done it in
prototype systems for paralell/distributed programming.

I think it can be done but I dont think it should be part of Ruby
itself. Why not implement it in a class that can be inherited by objects
needing this. If this is too restrictive (inheritance cannot be used for
your own purposes) aspect-oriented programming might be one natural way to
add these capabilities to classes. If you take this path you might want to
check out AspectR in RAA.

Regards,

Robert