"Lothar Scholz" <mailinglists / scriptolutions.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:16210035843.20040722115749 / scriptolutions.com...
> Hello Robert,
>

> RK> Maybe that's a matter of taste, but I prefer simple clean concepts
so I
> RK> prefer a simple but powerful paradigma (like in Ruby) over a quite
complex
> RK> paradigma (like in C++).  IMHO C++ became so complex because it (i)
had to
> RK> cope with the history of C and (ii) has OO not as cleanly and
consequently
> RK> implemented as Ruby.
>
> Look at Objective-C which is also full backward compatible to C and
> you see that (i) is not a real reason for the complexity in C++.

Yeah, might be true.  But it certainly adds to the malaise...  I remember
Stroustrup saying that one of his major errors with C++ was to keep the
preprocessor.  I agree with that.

> It's just a bad object design from the scratch. And after the success of
C with
> classes, there was to much code to change the basics so they continued
> the tragedy.

One more reason for me to look at Objective C - if I only had the time...

> Sometimes you need a revolutionary step forward.

Definitely!

    robert