On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 05:26:36 +0900, you wrote:

>When you have a thread-safe method, it
>can be called multiple times concurrently, but you may have only one
>thread executing in the method, while the others are blocked waiting.

with what i have now, the method can be called multiple times in
different threads, and the resource is under control of a a mutex. all
the threads get access to the resource with the expected results.

>section only around a small part of the method.  Only one thread can be
>executing inside a critical section.)

do i assume that a mutex will handle that? in  my testing it seems to
work ok (ie. i get what i expect)

http://home.cogeco.ca/~tsummerfelt1