Does anyone know of a good way to basically seek through a large query
record by record (like we used to do with the SEEK command in Clipper?) ...
I am converting the Ruby BBS to use postgres.  Basically, I have real
message numbers and the message numbers displayed by the system (so the
messages can be 1-x) but the real message numbers (which are unique and
assending) can be used to keep track of the last read pointer.

I could make an array of message numbers, each time a user trys to pull a
message up, but this seens wasteful.

Thanks.

Mark

"But Schindler is bueno! Senior Burns is El Diablo!"

Website     - http://www.retrobbs.org
Tradewars - telnet tradewars.retrobbs.org
BBS          - http://bbs.retrobbs.org:8000
IRC           - irc.retrobbs.org #main
WIKI        - http://www.tpoh.org/cgi-bin/tpoh-wiki