--w1A23YewkF9s+fLd

Robert Oschler (no_replies / fake_email_address.invalid) wrote:

> I have sent the following e-mail message to suggestions / google.com. It's an
> idea that could dramatically help reduce the Wiki Spam problem on the Ruby
> Garden Wiki.  The spam problem on that Wiki is getting really bad:
>
> *********
>
> Allow the Wiki owners to add an HTML tag to the web page called
> <NO_EXTERNAL_PAGE_RANK/>. If you find this tag on the web page, then only
> for off-site URL's, you do not follow any external links on the page, or
> pass on any page rank to the target web site.

This is already adequately handled by both robots.txt and
<META NAME="ROBOTS">.  (Described elsewhere in this thread.)

Even with an extension to HTML, spammers will still spam wikis
because Google is not the only search engine, and the spammers are too
lazy to check for such extensions.

(I get Referer spammers on my personal website, probably because my
stats are publicly accessible.  They continue to spam despite the
Disallow in my robots.txt.)

All messages signed with fingerprint:
FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E  7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04

--w1A23YewkF9s+fLd