Jamis Buck wrote:
> Ah, sorry Hal. That answers the question in my last email. I thought you
> knew where ssl.h came from.
>
> It comes from the OpenSSL library (http://www.openssl.org). You probably
> already have it installed--just rerun your find without the grep for
> ruby and see if it turns up.

The grep for ruby was just a dumb mistake of course.

I don't see ssl.h *anywhere* at all.

However, I *thought* that I had it installed, for two reasons:
1. I can use ssh and scp. Don't they depend on openssl? Or is
    there a lib distro without headers (rpm I guess)?
2. And yet I have old openssl.so files which I believed came from
    building ruby; which would mean I'd have to have an ssl.h.

*sigh*

I guess I'll just grab it off the web and build it...

Hal