>  It would be easy
> to include the ruby interpreter and any libraries
> you need within the
> package together with your ruby files so I think
> exerb and friends are
> probably not needed.

That is not the point of having a native compiler. The
point of it is to include it into projects which do
not want the compiler. For example I wanted to include
a ruby script in this OS, but they said they do not
want interpreted languages in the base install. This
also has to do with not wanting to install the ruby
software. That is why I am making a decision. --David
Ross