On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 01:20:56 +0900, you wrote:

>The methods inside them can be called concurrently from multiple
>threads.

>Note that this is not the same as reentrant, where the same method can
>be safely executing simultaneously in two threads.

when i first read this i thought ok, that answers my question...but
after over thinking it,  i'm not sure i see the difference.

i would think the same  method  running in two different threads is
either safely executing or it isn't.

>Thread safety can be implemented easily by adding the appropriate
>mutexes.  Making a module reentrant requires more care.

i've gone to considerably length to make sure methods in my module are
thread safe as they access the same resource. i've leaned on them
pretty heavily, with threaded code and the resource never gets
corrupted..

just wanted to make sure i was on the right track...