Armin Roehrl wrote:

> Brian Schroeder wrote:
>
>> I thought about my post and decided that the subject line did not say
>> anything about the content. So heres the post 1.1:
>>
>> I want to give a three days ruby-course at my university and wonder if
>> anybody has got some material to share?

I introduced an OO pseudolanguage in lecture 8 in my SW Eng course last
year to show an example of a design pattern in practice. In the last
slide I revealed that it wasn't pseudocode but real (Ruby) code. I then
executed the code "live", made some changes and added an observer etc.
It worked out quite well and maybe the slides may be of some use:

http://datavet.htu.se/kurser/PVD010/seht03_slides_lecture8_patterns_in_practice.pdf

the source code and some more info is available on the page

http://datavet.htu.se/kurser/PVD010/lecture_slides.html

it was lecture number 8 a bit down on the page.

For a later verification and validation course I introduced Ruby in the
first week and used it throughout the course. I started a "book" called
"Ruby by Example" but it didn't pan out very well so it was never
continued. Anyway it might be of some interest:

http://datavet.htu.se/kurser/KVC010/ruby_by_example_kvc010_vt2004.pdf

Regards,

Robert Feldt