On 20 Jul 2004, at 14:56, Ruben wrote:

> At Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:36:25 +0900,
> Curt Hibbs wrote:
>
>> These are excellent solutions. Unfortunately, they only work for
>> Windows.
>> I'm not aware of anything comparable for Mac or 'nix systems.
>
> Yep, you are right, it would be interesting to have tools similar as
> Exerb and RubyScript2Exe for Mac, Linux and BSD systems. And an
> installer on those platforms would also be nice (maybe Loki
> installer).

Under Mac OS X an application presents itself as an executable file,
but is in fact a package (i.e. directory). Inside the package is the
real executable and any resources (help files, images, sounds, icons,
GUI configuration files (nib files), etc.) it needs.  It would be easy
to include the ruby interpreter and any libraries you need within the
package together with your ruby files so I think exerb and friends are
probably not needed.

You may even be able to omit the interpreter as Ruby 1.6 is installed
as standard (I may be wrong, but I don't think it is part of the
developer tools).

Dave.