Hal Fulton wrote:
> Jamis Buck wrote:
>
>> Hal,
>>
>> It looks like you're using an unpatched version of the OpenSSL module
>> for Ruby. One of the changes I submitted to that module was to allow
>> "blank" keys to be created, and initialized later. Previously, the key
>> constructors always required at least one parameter.
>>
>> Can you please verify that you are, indeed, using 1.8.2? (I assume you
>> mean, by 1.8.2, that you're using a CVS snapshot...?) When did you
>> install it? Could it be that you are using a version that is "old"
>> enough that it doesn't include the patch I submitted?
>

> ruby -v yields: ruby 1.8.2 (2004-07-08) [i686-linux]
>
> I think this was a nightly snapshot from a couple of weeks ago. I don't
> think I got it directly from CVS, but from the (presumably) auto-generated
> .tgz file.
>
> But that was on top of 1.8.1 -- is it possible that my install is screwed
> up somehow?
>
> FYI, I installed ssh via the gem.
>
> I downloaded the patch but decided I didn't need it.
>
> Here's a list of some related files with timestamps.  What do you think?

Try this:

   ruby -ropenssl -e "p OpenSSL::PKey::DH.instance_method(:g)"

If that gives you an error, then you've got an old version of the
OpenSSL module. Installing on top of 1.8.1 MIGHT have caused problems,
but I wouldn't have thought so. At any rate, if the above works, then
the problem is something else. If it doesn't, then we can take it from
there.

- Jamis

--
Jamis Buck