------extPartTM-000-f4591462-85b6-40b1-a77b-19a66644049e

//>While technically interpreted from byte code C# in version 2.0 will
//>have
//>anonymous functions and yield syntax.  I don't know if the anonymous
//>functions are closures or not, but it will basically have
//blocks.  You
//>will not however be able to define them in similar syntax as ruby.
//
//and the ICollection api seems quite similar to Enumerable in
//C# 2 (though I can't find the page where I first read it..)
//Maybe Anders Hejlsberg is a reader of comp.lang.ruby :)

Yes C# is something you might want to look at. The new C# 2.0 specs (the
whidbey release - what is known as the VS2005 and these days avilable as
the free Visual Studio Express Edition downloads) support a lot of Ruby
like code abilities.

- C# has a 'yield' similar to ruby's: this is implemented as a compiler
hack where the csc creates a hidden class to maintain iterator state.
<http://pensieve.thinkingms.com/CommentView,guid,fd10bfa8-1aeb-4353-84c8
-cd80e418424f.aspx>

- C# has closure support through what they call 'anonymous methods. They
are not true closures in the sense that they cannot capture 'ref' and
'out' type variables in the closure state. If you think about it, there
is no easy way to implement that.
<http://pensieve.thinkingms.com/CommentView,guid,9fe42970-09e3-44e2-a4d0
-32d63139351a.aspx>

You will also find in C# (and .Net in general) a powerful new generics
mechanism that is far more advanced that what C++ and other languages
can offer. However, if you are using Ruby because you are in love with
the syntax ans the expressiveness (the way I am), then C# might fall
short. Things like lack of integrated regular expressions in the
language bother you a bit. Otherwise C# is a fine way to write code.

Regards
Roshan James

------extPartTM-000-f4591462-85b6-40b1-a77b-19a66644049e

Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

		Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

------extPartTM-000-f4591462-85b6-40b1-a77b-19a66644049e--