Curt Hibbs wrote:
> I just cc'd this response to the FreeRIDE users lists to see if my post
> makes it through.

It made it this time.  :/
Hrm, I wonder if my email client crashed, cause now I can't find the
original email in my sent box.

Anyway...

I'm new to Ruby, and need a project to learn a few things.  I decided to
do something that I've not really seen done before - making a mysql
plugin for freeRIDE.  It will allow the user to log into and view sql
schema and data, and maybe even modify the tables.  Sort of a miniature
phpMyAdmin interface, built into the dock pane.

I was originally asking for any pointers on how to do stuff, though at
the moment, I seem to being moving along ok.  I'm also new to gui
development, so most of my headaches have been of the "No matching
function for overloaded 'new_FXfoo' type.  (Which I discovered usually
means a value being passed in is not what I think it is.)