Hello Scott,

SR> Lothar,

SR> I would
SR>   use ExErb, except for one thing. I'm a Linux user. I have 4 computers
SR> and the target development board at my disposal. All of them run Linux.
SR>   I wont lecture you on the usual Linux vs. Windows stuff, that's a
SR> waste of your time and mine.  But yeah, exerb really wont help me in
SR> this case.

Okay then we need to port the stuff to Linux, it's not so difficult to
generate a ELF header and store the node tree of preparsed source
code. Why not dropping a line to the maintainer.

Of course the real pain with deployment on Linux is the library isssue that
is the some for C programs as for interpreters (which are C programs).
Until the major distributions still kill the ideas of the file
hierarchy standard by adding version tags to libc there will be no
good solution - other then using MacOS X.

But of course this will not help you very much for reducing the
startup time. But here some other clever techniques may help - like a
"require" on demand instead putting all of them on the top of a
source file.