Aredridel wrote:

> #5: Get OSI to list the license.

That doesn't solve the problem of people not understanding the license
or people not being sure if it is "commercial-use friendly".

The most effective solution is to use one that is already widely used
and known to be commercial-use friendly.

EMPLOYEE: we'd like to use ruby programming language. the ruby license
seems friendly and meets our needs.

CORPORATION: We've pre-approved Artistic, BSD and MIT licenses.  GPL or
LGPL requires special approval from your project manager.  All others
need to  be submitted to our legal department by the CIO or CTO and that
could take weeks.

EMPLOYEE: ummm....never mind, we'll just use perl.