Thanks all for the interesting read. I don't need my Ruby code to be
compiled to machine code, but I was just interested if it would be
possible and what it would mean. I agree with others that a JIT compiler
would be the way to go for Ruby, Java already proved that JIT compiled
code can sometimes out perform normally compiled C code and I don't
really mind that my Ruby program might be theoretically not the best
performing program, you can always buy more processing power, but there
aren't many other languages which are as nice as Ruby. :)

Regards,

Peter (Nospam)