il Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:17:13 +0900, David Ross <drossruby / yahoo.com>
ha scritto::

>> I don't think that gc is part of a ruby
>specification.
>> Maybe you intended eval.c ?
>I should have said, "I do not understand the GC, and
>parsing evaluations are a task as well. To start
>though I need to know how ruby is expected to work.
>Each language GC is different, but performs the same
>task.

yes but I intended: "you can have your own kind of gc, because ruby
garbage collection does not really determine the behaviour of a
program".
If you have 3-color generational gc or simple reference counting with
cycle detection I think that nothing will change for the final user.
Anyway, I may be wrong.