--- Daniel Berger <djberg96 / hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is there anyone out there working on something like
> DBUnit for Ruby?

I am working on TUnit (which is a more specific
solution which works on MS SQL Server 2000 only).

> Or perhaps something like it already exists but I've
> missed it?

If it does in Ruby, then I have missed it too :-)

> I can do this in TestUnit the "long" way.  I just
> thought it might be
> nice to have  a subclass of Test::Unit::TestCase
> that handled some
> things automagically, instead of making me do them
> manually.  This
> could include stuff like connection handling, and
> perhaps additional
> builtin methods like assert_update, assert_delete.
> Just an idea.

Currently this is what I have got:

Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
(C) Copyright 1985-2000 Microsoft Corp.

C:\tunit>dir /b
sample
todo.txt
tst_tunit.sql
TUnit.cmd  <<<<<< This can very well be TUnit.rb
tu_assert.sql
tu_assert_column_equal.sql
tu_assert_column_subset.sql
tu_assert_compare_2table_counts.sql
tu_assert_compare_2table_crdt.sql
tu_assert_compare_count.sql
tu_assert_compare_crdt.sql
tu_assert_similar_content.sql
tu_assert_similar_struct.sql
tu_assert_unique_colval.sql
tu_assert_unique_rows.sql
C:\tunit>

> Suggestions, ideas, comments welcome.

I think the success of test-unit frameworks is related
to the wealth of "asserts" available and the ease of
their orchestration. To that end, I am continuously
adding to my repertoire of assert and striving to make
it easy to use for ** me **.

I will love for this to be more generic and do what
DBUnit does (and more). Will gladly share what I have
in case anybody is interested.

> Regards,
>
> Dan

HTH,