On Tuesday, July 20, 2004, 1:48:17 AM, David wrote:

>> Am I right on this, or do I forget something
>> important which makes the
>> above quite hard to do?

> Just very hard to do and no one wants to bother with
> creating it. Which is why I emailed "Ruby
> specification" on the mailing list about creating
> rubycc.

My fearless prediction: no-one will write a Ruby specification if you
don't.  (Unless someone else is working hard on a compiler that we
don't know, or that I've forgotten.)

What is your rationale (in detail) for not looking at the Ruby source?

Lots of people would like to see a Ruby compiler, so any attempt by
yourself to create an English specification would almost certainly be
supported by several people testing it thoroughly for correctness.
Why not start now?

Cheers,
Gavin