il Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:15:47 +0900, zuzu <sean.zuzu / gmail.com> ha
scritto::

>word.  http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?DuckTyping
>my initial impression of "duck typing" was equivalent to dynamic
>typing, but there seems to be a little more to the mallard definition.
> i would appreciate an example of code demonstrating how to introspect
>a "hey, what kind of object are you?" message/method.

look in the archives of the group for exact definition. I think the
definition is quite non strong  :)
anyway:
>> 10.class
=> Fixnum
>> 10.is_a?Integer
=> true
>> (10..2).kind_of?Enumerable
=> true
>> (10..2).is_a?Enumerable
=> true
>> 10.respond_to? '+'
=> true

ypou can use the StrongTyping and types.rb modules to have signature
based dispatch and stuff like that.

>i'm looking to extend ruby to the actor/dataflow model where instead
>of "everything is an object", "everything is an actor".  as an
>intended side-effect, this should encourage runtime
>introspection/reflection and concurrency/parallelization in
>programming.
>
>so specifically, if i'm randomly (according to the scheduler) passing
>an object/actor dataflow and options as arguments, i would like a
>"behaviour script" to successfully differentiate them introspectively
>rather than explicitly (by the programmer).

this sounds good at the first time but it's not really, imho.
the programmer does not have many advantage from this:

MyClass.new 10
MyClass.new '1'

over this:

MyClass.from_int 10