"Randy Lawrence" <jm / zzzzzzzzzzzz.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:sm%Jc.1979$9f2.405 / newssvr15.news.prodigy.com...
> Anyone know of a Ruby book with a chapter devoted to optizing Ruby?  Or
> a good article online?  Or an organized collection of tips?
>
> A recent thread of suggestions for improving Ruby performance
> illustrated to me that there are many ways to optimize.

I don't know such thing, but there's the general advice to minimize object
creation.  That has typically some overhead (memory allocation, garbage
collector registration etc.).  Apart from that general performance advices
apply to Ruby the same way as to other languages (i.e. appropriate
algorithms etc.)

Kind regards

    robert