Gavin Sinclair wrote:

>>i'd take a guess that anybody doing any serious programming with vim
>>is using ctags and the taglist plugin :)
>
> I'm not, but I will now.

We obviously need a Sydney Vim Users' Group :-).

Here's a Ruby/Vim question for you ... do you know whether anyone has done work on making matchit.vim work with Ruby?  It would be particularly useful, given the "end" based block closing.

For those who don't know, matchit.vim extends Vim's '%' command that normally only matches brackets (and a couple of other things) to jump to the matching </tag> associated with a <tag> in HTML, etc.  I'm not sure how many languages it handles, but Ruby doesn't seem to be one of them, at least not out of the box.

Harry O.