William Park wrote:

> For dis/assembling MIME email, look over
>     http://freshmeat.net/projects/mboxsh/
> by yours truly.

I shall do that now!

> You can create text version using Lynx.  But, if you only have HTML
> file, then including local file and images are messy to do, because you
> have to parse HTML to figure out what path to include.  It would be a
> bit easier if you already know what file or image to include in MIME
> email.

Actually, I think that part would be fairly easy.  My plan was to pass
the source HTML through the REXML stream or pull parser and emit a
plain-text version (possibly wrapping pseudo-markup, such as *bold* or
/italics/, when encountering specific tags.)  At that time, any img
element can be parsed for the src attribute.  If the URL doesn't  start
with http then the code assumes a local relative file.  The file is
grabbed, uuencoded, a CID ref generated for it, and the CID put in place
of the original src value.

Or something along those lines.

(Actually, this presumes the source markup is XHTML, not HTML. An
alternative my be to use the htmlparser lib, but then the code starts
acquire 3rd-party dependencies. )

James