richard lyman wrote:

> Curt -
>
> Is there something that I can do to help??
>
> I really don't know that much at all so you'll have to do a _lot_ of
> hand-holding while I learn, but the windows installer is my bread and
> butter for fun programming... so I really want to help...

Send me email off-list if you'd like to join as a developer on the ruby
installer project (curt at hibbs dot com).

> ... I'm kinda bugged by all of the emails I'm seeing that say... 'Hey
> - add this!', or 'Hey - do this!'

Naw, this is all good feedback and, truthfully, its all been really small
and easy stuff.

> While I have requests of my own for what to add/delete/do with the
> windows installer, I really don't feel comfortable adding to your
> "(growing) list".

For substantial changes, the best way is to add a "feature request" at:
  http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?group_id=167

> Please give me something.
>
> What can I do?

Like I said, let me know if you'd like to join the team. If so, I'll add you
as a developer to the project, then the first thing you'd need to do is to
check the installer project out from cvs and get a clean working build
(you'll need to have vc++ 6.0 sp5).

Thanks,
Curt