>  The problem is not that you _can_ load the file, you *must* load it
>  because ruby lost all definitions after the load

Okay, I might get it know. So if I'm understanding this all well then
after each load all previous memory, definitions, classes, all of it is
lost and I can begin clean? This is indeed just what I need.

The problem I have know is that I used to call this from C to let the
script register its functions:

rb_funcall(rb_mKernel, rb_intern("register_functions"), 0);

This worked okay when I rb_required the file. But now that I'm using
rb_load_file this fails. I suppose the register_functions from the
loaded file is not sitting in the rb_mKernel module than?:

[15:43:15] # script_register_functions: registering functions in
/home/jesse/.gnome2/gnoemoe/scripts/run.rb
[15:43:15] # script_error: Error while executing Ruby code: undefined
method `register_functions' for Kernel:Module
[15:43:15] # script_error: Ruby backtrace:
[15:43:15] # script_error:      from
/home/jesse/.gnome2/gnoemoe/scripts/run.rb:39

What should I specify for 'module' in the rb_funcall?

Jesse