I'm not sure about the ./configure output. Looks almost good:

checking for Qt... libraries /opt/qt3/lib, headers /opt/qt3/include using -mt
config.status: creating smoke/qt/qtguess.pl
Invalid Qt directory.
config.status: creating smoke/qt/generate.pl
Couldn't find /opt/qt3/include at generate.pl line 101.
Found 'qtdefines'. Reading preprocessor symbols from there...
Good - your configure finished. Start make now

Doesn't look like a real error message for me...

Jochen