Hal Fulton wrote:

> I used to have an automated process for sending out the c.l.r FAQ,
> but it broke and I failed to fix it in a timely manner. My apologies
> to the community.
>
> I want to start it up again, but I want to have people review it
> first.
>
> The link is: http://rubyhacker.com/clrFAQ.html
>
> Guidelines:
> 1. I probably won't make any "sweeping" changes in it.
> 2. Post to the list if you think something warrants discussion;
>    otherwise just email me.
> 3. There are definitely out-of-date items in it, such as the
>    link to the Ruby FAQ. Where is that now?
> 4. Which reminds me: This is only the newsgroup/mailing-list FAQ;
>    information about the language itself will always be minimal
>    here.
>
> And Jupp: Let's make sure the English and German versions are
> reasonably in sync. I think you have updated yours more recently
> than I have.
>

> Thanks,
> Hal Fulton

Here's some content you might find useful for inclusion in Section 1.2
("Where can I find out more about Ruby?").

This is just my collection of online ruby resources categorized in a
manner that makes sense to me.  I'd love to hear from folks if they have
additional links I can add to this collection.

1. RUBY BOOKS/GUIDES ONLINE
http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/
http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/Tutorial/
http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/UsersGuide/rg/index.html
http://poignantguide.net/ruby/

2. RUBY CLASS/API REFERENCE
http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/
http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/rdoc/1.9/
http://www.kitebird.com/articles/ruby-dbi.html
http://www.kitebird.com/articles/ruby-mysql.html

3. RUBY CODE SNIPPETS
http://pleac.sourceforge.net/pleac_ruby/t1.html
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?CodingInRuby
http://yagni.com/rosetta-stone/index.php

4. RUBY AND C/C++ INTEGRATION
http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/RubyInline/
http://www.swig.org/Doc1.3/Ruby.html

5. RUBY FOR WEB SERVERS (MOD_RUBY, ETC.)
http://www.rubydoc.org/books/modruby/book1.htm
http://modruby.net/doc/
http://www.spice-of-life.net/cgikit/en/userguide/CGIKitUserGuide.html
http://dev.rubycrafters.com/arrow-manual/index.html