Nicholas Van Weerdenburg wrote:

> I won't ask which is better, since I've just read some of the colorful
> net discussions on that topic.
>
> However, I've been mucking about in each, and am about to pick one to
> learn well. I get the impression that this list is about 2 to 1 in VIMs
> favour for usage (where either is being used). Is this roughly accurate?
> If so, is this because of VIM's potential to be compiled with Ruby
> bindings to it's API?

Rather than looking at it for what it's language bindings are, it's
better to concentrate on the actual core philosophy behind each of the
editors.

The one you decide to use should be whichever editor philosophy fits
your own style better. Especially vim's modal editing against emacs's
more classical style of operation. It depends a lot on how you gather
your own thoughts while programming, and it's really the largest factor
as to which will make you a more efficient programmer in the long run.

The ruby bindings aren't really that important or cool.

--
Rando Christensen
<eyez / illuzionz.org>