Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> Randy Lawrence wrote:
>

>>RubyGems looks very interesting...  Especially for those of us that miss
>> perl's CPAN.
>>
>>When is RubyGems "development status" expected to get a bump up from the
>> "3 - Alpha" status currently noted here?
>>
>>	http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubygems/
>

> Good question.  While RubyGems has come a long way, it's still on the
> growth curve.  There'll be a 1.0 sometime this year, I predict, but
> fundamental things could still change before then, so it's hard to
> consider it anything other than alpha.
>
> Naturally, there'll be a beta period when things have stabilised and a 1.0
> is imminent.
>
> Mind you, it's a very usable alpha :)
>
> Cheers,
> Gavin

I just used RubyGems for the first time and love it!  It just doesn't
get easier than this from the command line.

Here's the output for those that haven't used RubyGems:

x:\> gem install net-ssh
Attempting local installation of 'net-ssh'
Local gem file not found: net-ssh.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'net-ssh'
Successfully installed net-ssh, version 0.0.3

x:\>