On Tuesday 13 July 2004 12:22, Han Holl wrote:

> It would be lovely if I could do: ${include /path/include} where
> /path/include is a path in template data. Or maybe:
> ${include ${var /path/include}}
> Something along the line of:
> 	while ( '${' remaining in input)
> 		input = macro_expand(input)

I think I'll make all macro parameters expect a data path, but create a new
way to specify literals.

It could work both like this:

${include data_path}

...and:

${include << /dir/filename}

You could also do something like this with ${each}:

${each << [a, b, c]}
${end}

...and this with ${with}:

${with << {a => "A"}}
${end}

It would apply to all macros, of course.  I guess the literal could just be
any Ruby expression that returns a hash, array or value.  So I suppose I
could do away with the ${eval} macro completely in favor of:

${var << eval_expression}

Thanks for the heads-up, and I'm glad you're getting good use from the
library.

	Sean O'Dell