Da: Jim Weirich [mailto:jim / weirichhouse.org]
Inviato: marted? 13 luglio 2004 18.18
A: ruby-talk ML
Oggetto: Re: rubygems undefined method 'loaded_from=' for nil::NilClass

Petrucci Fabio said:
> I've got ruby 1.8.1 running on arm platform with no problems and to save
> space i decided to organize external  library using rubygems.
> First of all i've installed rubygems 0.7.0 then i've started to install
> other library using the gem command line:
>   # gem -i log4r-1.0.5.gem
>   # gem -i sws-0.3.gem

Did you /really/ use a -i?  RubyGems 0.7.0 doesn't allow that option
anymore.  It should have been ...

    # gem install log4r-1.0.5.gem

If you did use a -i, then we might have conflicting versions of gem loaded

> Everything installed succesfully but
>
> any command i issue to test the installed package, i get this error:
>
> # gem list
> *** LOCAL GEMS ***
> ERROR: While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)
> undefined method 'loaded_from=' for nil::NilClass

Try this with the --traceback option.  This will give us a stack dump.  E.g.

  gem list --traceback

Thanks.

--
-- Jim Weirich     jim / weirichhouse.org    http://onestepback.org