Tcl/Tk goes ActiveSTATE (see below). Shouldn't Ruby go ActiveSTATE too? Perl
and Python are already there. Wouldn't it be a real push for Ruby's
popularity? And think of Komodo! An IDE for Ruby, with a visual debugger!
Any plans about this?

Regards
Franz GEIGER

----------------

Tcl news

We wanted to make you aware of recent news and upcoming events in the Tcl
community.

As noted in our last message, Ajuba was recently acquired by Interwoven [1].
John Ousterhout has joined Interwoven as Chief Scientist [2] to lead its
efforts in driving adoption of an open, standards-based approach for content
management.

Jeffrey Hobbs, Tcl Ambassador at Ajuba, has joined ActiveState [3] to
continue his Tcl Ambassadorship, and lead a new group there.  ActiveState
plans to provide a variety of products and services around Tcl, consistent
with what they have done with Perl and Python.  ActiveState will be making
a public announcement in two weeks regarding these plans.

To ensure that existing Tcl customers get the support and products they
require, ActiveState would like to learn what your requirements are. Please
contact Jeffrey Hobbs <JeffH / ActiveState.com> for more information about
ActiveState's future offerings.

Brent Welch will continue to maintain the Tcl Developer Xchange [4] with
hardware provided by ActiveState.

Tcl has the honor of two conferences this year.  The first will be
Tcl'Europe 2001 [5] in Hamburg on 7-8 June.  Abstracts for talks are still
being accepted until 26 Feb.

Following that is the 8th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference [6] in San Diego from
23-27 July.  Abstracts for that are still being accepted (for just a couple
more days) until 9 Feb.  This conference is part of the larger O'Reilly
Open Source Conference.

We hope that we will be able to see you at one of the upcoming events.

-- The former Ajuba Team

1: http://www.Interwoven.com/
   http://www.Interwoven.com/news/press/1020ampr.html
2: http://www.Interwoven.com/news/press/1102ousterhoutpr.html