I don't work for @Last Software, the makers of Sketchup (a cool Mac/Win
architectural modelling/exploring application). I don't even use their
product other than to play with it.

That said, I thought I'd point out that their latest release has a rich
Ruby API (as the first/only scripting language)! It has a Ruby Console
that works very much like irb, has scripts that can be loaded on
startup, the ability to run interactive applications to create geometry
or manipulate the model. Awesome!

If you want to help advocate Ruby by helping out on the Ruby Forum for
sketchup, the url is:
http://www.sketchup.com/forum/list.php?f=6

And if you want to play with the application itself (a free
fully-functional trial demo is available) get it from
http://www.sketchup.com/

The API documentation for OS X is hidden in the application
package...see my post on the forum for how to get at it.
--