* Caio Chassot <k / v2studio.com> [0722 11:22]:
> Dick Davies wrote:
> >>Whenever I try to start the cerise server and one of the applcations
> >>requires active_record, I get the following error:
> >>
> >>dyld: /usr/local/bin/ruby can't open library:
> >>/usr/local/mysql-4.0.14/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.12.dylib  (No such file
> >>or directory, errno = 2)
> >>Trace/BPT trap
> >

> >What have you got in that directory, is there anything that looks like
> >libmysql* ?
>
> I don't have that directory because my mysql version is 4.0.20 (and even
> then, I don't have that file in my mysql dir anyway, altough I do have
> others that match libmysql*)

> The cerise README mentions something which I think is probably it:

> Native drivers for some of the ruby-dbi DBDs may be included with the
> standard cerise bundle, however it isn't possible to build all of the
> native code as there are licensing and tool dependencies. If you get a
> DBI error saying the native library is missing, compile it according to
> the driver instructions and place it in the proper <arch> directory.

> Now if I just knew how to "compile it according to the driver
> instructions"... any directions?

You could just try symlinking  what you have under the name ruby expects:

ln -s /whereever/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.whatever /usr/local/mysql-4.0.14/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.12.dylib

? Might work, might segfault.

(yeah, it's a hack. but if i wanted to spend all day dicking about
with LDFLAGS and configure, I'd be a systems programmer.)

--
When you make your mark in the world, watch out for guys with erasers.
		-- The Wall Street Journal