Dick Davies wrote:
>>Whenever I try to start the cerise server and one of the applcations
>>requires active_record, I get the following error:
>>
>>dyld: /usr/local/bin/ruby can't open library:
>>/usr/local/mysql-4.0.14/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.12.dylib  (No such file
>>or directory, errno = 2)
>>Trace/BPT trap
>

> What have you got in that directory, is there anything that looks like
> libmysql* ?

I don't have that directory because my mysql version is 4.0.20 (and even
then, I don't have that file in my mysql dir anyway, altough I do have
others that match libmysql*)

I think I've narowed down the problem to a file that comes with cerise
in cerise/lib/native/powerpc-apple-darwin. called mysql.bundle, and it
appears to have something to do with the dbi stuff.

The cerise README mentions something which I think is probably it:

---

cerise adds lib/native/<arch> to the Ruby library path so native
libraries may be loaded and a single server installation can be easily
moved across platforms. The <arch> value is from Config::CONFIG['host']
located in 'rbconfig'

Native drivers for some of the ruby-dbi DBDs may be included with the
standard cerise bundle, however it isn't possible to build all of the
native code as there are licensing and tool dependencies. If you get a
DBI error saying the native library is missing, compile it according to
the driver instructions and place it in the proper <arch> directory.

---

Now if I just knew how to "compile it according to the driver
instructions"... any directions?