Oops.  I spoke a little too soon.  I do get something:

An undefined method error on checkbox.

So I need to define this method as public or something?

How would I overrride a checkbox instance without calling having to call
a new CGI class?  Ideally, I would just like it to be overriden in the
main CGI class and inherited in when I make a CGI.new.

Thanks,
cere