This is soooo driving me crazy!

I'm just trying to override the checkbox function on the CGI ruby
library and can not.  Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Simply:

require 'cgi'

class << CGI
	def checkbox(name="",val=nil,checked=nil)
		puts "asdf"
		puts @params[name]

cgi=CGI.new('html3')
cgi.out() do
cgi.html() do
cgi.body() do
     cgi.form("get")  do
         cgi.checkbox('box','true',"checd") +
         cgi.br +
     cgi.submit("Okey Dokey?")

then I run

!./mycgipro stuff=dddd

but it doesn't print out the "asdf" garbage that I overroad the function
with...

What's up?  Does anyone know how to do this.  I'm new to overriding in Ruby.

Related to this is the "input(attributes)" function but I can't seem to
trace what this is doing or where the input function even comes from.

Thanks,
Cere