Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
>  may be I have some problems with my ISP and or my
>  maildelivery softwar...
>
>  Am I readable ?
>
>  Does my email reaches ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org ?

Problems may arise form:

  - your MUA
  - your MTA
  - in-between MTA
  - your POP/IMAP/whatever account
  - your MDA
  - your MTA
  - your MUA

Two typical problems are:

  - No relay of messages originating from dial-in IP ranges
  - No delivery of messages from GMX (which is a big source of SPAM)

The message I am answering to made it's way to ruby-talk and
comp.lang.ruby (I am subscribed to both). From this one can deduce
that if there are any problems they occur after the message has been
delivered to ruby-talk and comp.lang.ruby.

I am using GMX as well but with disabled SPAM filter (it has far too
many false positives for me) so if you happen not to receive your
messages that might be a problem with that filter.

I am pretty confident that you don't have problems with your MUA
because I used to use Mew for quite some time and never did encouter
any problem (at least none that one can attribute to the software).

What remains are your MDA and MTA. Just in case: An MDA is a program
that takes an e-mail and delivers it to a mailbox file. Note that a
well-modularized MTA has a module that can be called an MDA. IIRC
qmail and postfix are built that way.

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt