SugHimsi.

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001 03:38:35 +0900
Aleksi Niemel\"a <aleksi.niemela / cinnober.com> wrote:

: As I promised in mail [ruby-talk:10521], I'm querying the opinion of the
: Japanese people for the documentation to be translated. (I sent CC of this
: mail to ruby-talk, because I expect the discussion will raise on that list
: too).

I did so too.

I would appreciate that you mentioned RDP in the thread.
 <URL:http://www.ruby-lang.org/%7Erubikitch/RDP-en.rdb>

 OffT: s/rubykitch/rubikitch/g   # Japanese style ;-)

: Which modules, samples, snippets, program comments, articles (or books :)
: you consider to be most important for English translation?

If whole RDP grows up, that will be.

Followers are not yet written:

 * Extension library reference manual,
   (including for Ruby/Tk's)
 * Install guide
 * Tutorial (partly out of date?)
 * and so on

Following doc.en's and doc.ja's are not sync'ed:

 * Ruby FAQ
 * Ruby User's Guide

On some Wiki-clone platform or the CVS repository
will be tentative to proceed them.

Writing format selection is another issue.
If you, who want to contribute something in this field,
don't know RD (Ruby's POD), I would recommend you to dig it.
 <URL:http://www2.pos.to/%7Etosh/ruby/rdtool/en/whats.html>
There are modules such as rd2html, rd2man, rd2texi, etc.
(I hear rd2xml is at work.)

Awaiting another big game is 1.6.x manual, which is
(partly) left undone, even in Japanese.

: Doomo arigatoo gozaimasu!
:
: 	- Aleksi