> I don't like restricted PDFs: if you buy something, I think you get the
> right to use it.

Here here, Manning currently offer unrestricted versions of the pdf books but they are currently looking at options for protecting them like DRM'ing.  They sent out an email a while ago soliciting opinions about it. When I responded, I mentioned about your method of personalizing the PDF document.

For me a document to use as I need, where ever I need it and whenever I need it. Machine locking PDF's, like some of the old books I bought off Amazon is very painfull. Esp when it wasn't possible to migrate them to my laptop.

Rob