il Mon, 12 Jul 2004 02:59:35 +0200, Florian Gross <flgr / ccan.de> ha
scritto::

>(quoting
>>> Flroain Gross (actually written with a different character than ss):
>
>It's actually "Florian Gro?", but I've seen the last character come out
>as an y with two dots above it which is why I usually use "Gross" where
>I can't be sure about it coming out right. ;)

well, I see it fine (well, I think that is the german letter similar
to a beta that gets read kind of  'ss' )

>Oh, and thanks for naming this after me. :)

eh, I always wanted to name things :)

>> It's very nifty indeed.  I heard it was biased in some obscure way,
>> though.
>
>It's biased when rand returns the same float for two or more elements of
>the Array.

I don't understand: what happens if it returns the same float for two
different numbers? they just get near in the sorting, what's the
problem with that?