il Mon, 12 Jul 2004 07:07:39 GMT, Randy Lawrence <jm / zzzzzzzzzzzz.com>
ha scritto::

>How do we manage namespaces in Ruby to avoid collisions with 3rd parties?
>
>In Java, they use something like "com.companyname.foo" as a naming
>convention which then maps to directories.
>
>In Ruby, how do we name modules so our "foo" module doesn't collide with
>a 3rd-party module named "foo" from another company?

well, it is not really agreed I think, but I think the most common
convention is to use the style:
General::Specific
I.e. Text::Format, RSS::Parser or PDF::Writer

but there are many examples of just SpecificName, like say
ClibPDF or REXML, and few of companyname::module