> What if the test fails for a different reason that that which triggered the
> original bug report? Shouldn't that be a new bug report?

I finally had a bit time to look a bit further into this project. The
problem you state is, that the unit test might not directly related to
the report: it can cover more or less of the problem. There actually
seems to be an M to N relation between bugs and unit tests. This
complicates things, but I find this very interesting: now there is
information available that enables me to list all the tests that
relate to a bug, and the other way round. I am not yet shure what this
information is good for, but I will think of something :-)

> I'm not quite sure what the benefit of automatically reopening a bug would
> be anyway. If you don't check in code unless it passes all unit tests, then
> you'd never have to worry about this situation in the first place.

That's true. But I am not shure that this is always possible. There
might be bug reports that take a lot of time to fix. Here's again the
problem that unit tests do not directly relate to bug reports. Hm, I
need more time for this

> I generally think that it is more worthwhile to expend effort on tests than
> on a bug tracking system.

Well, I want to spend effort on the combination of both. My goal is to
make both more convenient and useful, and maybe create something
that's interesting, and new.

Martin