On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 11:36:47 +0900, Meino Christian Cramer
<meino.cramer / gmx.de> wrote:

> Why being so cynical?
>
> Is there anthythin else you want to say to me beyond "dont use these
> alpha software (and may be help to find some bugs)"  which actually
> help me installing this?

I'm sorry if I'm being cynical, but let's review the facts. In a

    http://ruby-talk.org/blade/105537

I specifically advised you to stick with FOX and FXRuby versions 1.0
because they are the stable releases. I made a point of saying
(repeatedly) that FXRuby 1.2 is an unstable, alpha release and not
ready for general use. Simon also chimed in on that thread with the
same advice.

You chose to ignore that advice and plunged ahead (see
http://ruby-talk.org/105890), and then griped about the fact that
(surprise) the very first alpha release did, in fact, have some
errors. So I'll repeat my advice, for what it's worth: If you are new
to FXRuby, please use the stable release. It's pretty well tested at
this point, and any existing Ruby applications that build on FXRuby
(such as FreeRIDE, or AEditor) aren't going to be up to date with
FXRuby 1.2 anyways.

I've made a point of *not* announcing these alpha releases on the
ruby-talk list, or in the RAA, because I expect that most people will
have similarly frustrating experiences as you've had. At this point,
I'm mainly interested in having some more experienced FXRuby users
helping me to check it out. After a few more alpha releases (I'm not
sure how many it will take), I hope that we'll move up to a more
stable situation and at that point I'll probably promote it to a
"beta" grade and announce it here and elsewhere. But I think it would
be a waste of most people's time to do that right now.

Lyle