Mikael Brockman <phubuh / phubuh.org> wrote in message news:<87d634enff.fsf / phubuh.org>...
> > You may think it is poor, but it is about the *only* hard definition
> > of a functional language that exists.  Yes, most "functional"
> To resist succumbing to Layne's law, I'll accept your definition.

Hey, I got to thinking about this... is it an example of Layne's law
when you are quoting authoritative sources about the definition of a
word?  Is that "arguing" about the definition of a word?  For example,
if I claimed that an Apple was a tiny blue fruit that grows on small
bushes, would you be succumbing to Layne's law to quote me the Oxford
English Dictionary's definition of an Apple?

--- SER