On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 07:27:23 +0900, Alexey Verkhovsky wrote

I do this regularly, though most of the work so far has tended to be much
more centric on web based applications.

> 1. A database
> 	Java world: Oracle, MySQL or another relational DB of your choice

MySQL

> 2. Some way to persist domain objects and manage transactions
> 	Java world: entity EJBs, JDO, hand-coded DAOs, O/R <censored>
> mappers, etc

Kansas has been maturing wonderfully for my purposes for this.

> 3. An RPC (remote procedure call) mechanism for communication between
> the front-end and the back-end (assuming that the front-end is a
> thick GUI). 	Java world: session EJBs, servlets

drb.  Works great.

> 4. A thick GUI
> 	Java world: Swing

TK, Qt, Fox

> 5. A Web GUI
> 	Java world: JSP, XSLT, XMLC and all the other stuff

I've use Iowa very successfully for this every day for a couple of years.

> 6. An asynchronous communications infrastructure
> 	Java world: message-driven EJBs

I am using Drb/Rinda/Tupleserver pretty effectively for this.  No problems
with it at all so far.

Kirk